- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
- Permanent contract
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Halo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
We are looking for talented Gameplay Programmers for an upcoming MMO game “Life Beyond”! Our game features state of the art third person controls and combat, complex AI and living world systems. As a gameplay programmer, you will bring this world to life and build every aspect of the game, working closely with our artists and designers.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- As part of our Gameplay team, design and implement the code needed to support the various game systems and AIs.
- Work closely with game designers and level designers in order to bring their ideas to life
- Implement algorithms and tools for designers to use when building the world
- Implement client/server algorithms such as replication, latency compensation and to achieve a smooth result in a fast-paced combat gameplay
- Ensure the performance and scalability of the game in the very unpredictable context of a MMO game.
- Participate in design and feedback gathering sessions to make sure that the player’s experience always comes first
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options*
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working scheme
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world or enjoy working from home anywhere in Europe!
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance*
- Profit share scheme
- 50% refund of your public transport card*
- Work within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Get the most comfortable and efficient work environment (Herman Miller chairs and standing desks)*
- Monthly team building events in Paris
- Quarterly offsite events with the whole Darewise team
- Visit your coworkers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Become part of an inclusive and experienced international team
*some benefits may vary based on your location
- Gameplay programming experience according to your skill level. For Junior applicants, 1+ year of professional experience or significant experience in hobby projects. Junior positions are on-site in Paris only.
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Concern and sensibility for performance, memory usage and network bandwidth
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Strong communication skills in english, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Añadir a favoritos
- Compartir en Twitter
- Compartir en Facebook
- Compartir en LinkedIn