Director of User Research
- Permanent contract
- 3 years of college
- > 5 years
- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
Director of User Research
- Permanent contract
Darewise Entertainment is a new genre of game company.
Obsessed with product design and product management, we are creating AAA quality games that are much more accessible and less demanding; games that don’t require a huge learning curve, time investment, and long game sessions, without sacrificing the high-end quality.
How about combining the ease-of-fun of Farmville with the production value of Assassin’s Creed?
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity.
We focus on building next generation social adventures, taking place in large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
You are a curious problem solver, who is keen to dive deeper into understanding the WHERE and WHY users behave the way they do. Darewise is looking for a Director of User research with the passion for understanding and evaluating the gaming experience.
As a naturally curious researcher, you aim to gain further in-depth knowledge on understanding user behaviours, needs, and motivations through observation techniques, tasks analysis, and other feedback methodologies.
You will have a deep understanding of online game development and live operation of games after launch, which will help you lead Darewise’s quest to create the best online game experiences in the world. Most importantly they have a huge well of compassion for players because you are a player at heart.
As the first User Researcher in the company, we want you to be empowered to spread and educate User Research methodology, set structure and create research plan for all projects in the studio.
- Partnering with the Design and Narrative teams within the studio to understand the products and design intent fully
- Identify and help create/design compelling features that make our games more fun and engaging and improve key metrics
- Drive user and high-reaching research to uncover user segments and identify player needs and product value propositions that resonate with discreet audience segments
- Leads the analysis of feature performance and other data, such as multivariate testing and competitive analysis, and draws conclusions for implementation. Able to lead through data ambiguity or to generate non-obvious insights
- Demonstrate analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance and recommend tuning mechanics and A/B tests
- Be an expert on industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking
- Use data to fine-tune and balance the game’s economy
- conducting qualitative and quantitative studies, including prototype validation
- Preparing and presenting findings and deliver final reports
- Finding opportunities to educate and spread the benefits of User Research
- Create user research plan for the project
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- 7 weeks of paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.
- 5+ years experience in Game User Research or User Research
- Degree, diploma or equivalent schooling in a relevant field
- Ability to operate in an ambitious environment, to thrive at an extremely fast pace and to find creative ways to get things done
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative modeling skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making
- Expertise in qualitative user research and data analysis methods
- Proficiency in SQL
- Extraordinary written, oral, and social ability
- Understanding or experience in game development process
- Passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the commitment to execute those ideas cross-functionally
- Love for games and creating fun and compelling player experiences
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn