After a Master's degree in international economics and development law, Jean-François started his career between Radio France Internationale and the French Embassy in Lebanon. He took part in the creation of the Etablissement Français du Sang, as Director of the President's Cabinet, then as Director of International Affairs and Communication. Director of Resource Development and Communication for the French Red Cross for 9 years, he used his expertise in development, influence and mobilisation strategy by joining Action contre la Faim in 2017 as Director of Communication and Development. CEO of the Organisation since June 2019, he talks to you here about Action contre la Faim and its challenges.
After studying Psychology and Human Resources, Noémie held various positions in France and abroad before joining the Recruitment and Mobility team of Action contre la Faim in December 2020. In charge of recruitment and mobility of staff within the operations field, she talks about what made her join Action contre la Faim and gives you some information and advice on recruitment within the organisation.
Rodolphe worked for 10 years in the private sector before joining Action contre la Faim in 2005 as a Field IT and Network Technician. After having been in charge of the Infrastructure Department, Rodolphe is now at the head of the Information Systems Department, which is composed of 35 people. The cause he serves, as well as the staff around him, are daily sources of motivation. He is committed to responding professionally to the needs of Action contre la Faim's business teams, both at headquarters and in the field, and to providing them with the necessary support to carry out their activities.
With a degree in Occupational Psychology and Ergonomics, Mejda began her career as a "psychosocial risks" project officer in the public service. Since November 2020, she has been the Quality of Work Life Advisor in the Human Resources Department at Action contre la Faim. Mejda's source of motivation: support companies, departments and teams in their efforts to achieve greater meaning, autonomy and collective work with the aim of reconciling organisational performance and employee fulfilment.
Interested in humanitarian issues and holding a Master's degree in development policy, Isabela started her career with Action contre la Faim as Finance Assistant during her end-of-study internship. Today, as Regional Finance Officer, Isabela is responsible for ensuring the proper accounting and budget management of Action contre la Faim's missions in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Nigeria.
Action contre la Faim (ACF) is an international non-governmental organisation fighting against hunger in the world.
🙌🏽 ACF is committed to 5 areas:
- Nutrition and Health
- Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection
- Food Security and Livelihoods
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
80% of ACF's activities are financed by public grants 15% from public fundraising
🌎 Most of ACF's field activities take place internationally (Middle East, Asia, Central Africa, etc.), always supported by the Headquarters based in Paris, which is composed of more than 300 staff members with varied profiles.
Action contre la Faim is looking for humanitarian professionals but not only!
600 positions, based in France and abroad, in the following functions
- Support: logistics, finance, human resources, IT, etc.
- Technical: doctors, nurses, agricultural engineers, water engineers, clinical psychologists, and more generalist profiles for mission coordination, etc
Communication, marketing, advocacy, etc.
Joining Action contre la Faim means,
- Defending the same cause within committed teams with the most vulnerable populations
- Developing skills through individualised HR support and training throughout their professional career
- Sharing with colleagues values such as independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, professionalism and transparency
- A teleworking policy: Depending on your position, you will have the possibility of working entirely or partly from home
- A Talent Bridge e-learning platform: You will have the opportunity to develop technical or cross-functional skills at your own pace
- Information points: Bringing together all ACF staff and allowing them to be informed about the latest news from each department and each mission
- Advantageous employment conditions: 20 days of RTT (Working Time Recovery) in addition to paid holidays, 50% of public transport costs covered, 175€/year (CSE), etc
- A move in sight: currently based in Clichy, the ACF headquarters will move to Montreuil in October 2022