- Health, Pharmaceutical / Biotech
- From 50 to 250 employees
Scientist in Molecular Biology R&D
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
Stilla Technologies is a Life sciences company whose mission is to improve health by offering researchers and clinicians worldwide solutions for high precision genetic analysis.
Since 2016, Stilla Technologies has empowered researchers with the Naica System, a solution that enables to detect & quantify DNA with unprecedented precision.
The Naica System supports a wide range of genetic tests and molecular biology assays — including liquid biopsy tests for cancer diagnostics, viral load quantification, pre‐natal testing, and GMO detection. Overall, the Naica System’s superior performances make it a preferred technology for precision medicine research and therapeutic monitoring.
Stilla advises and supports its customers worldwide with a multidisciplinary team, whose expertise spans from microfluidics and chemistry, to molecular biology and computer science.
What you will do
The Scientist in R&D is involved in all phases of product development. The principle missions of the post are to:
- Drive and manage priority R&D projects as defined by the R&D department and ensure project advancement and on-time delivery of results and documentation.
- Carry out and ensure the completion of diverse R&D experiments in molecular biology.
- Ensure effective interaction and timely information transfer between departments.
- Propose new external collaborations for Stilla, in agreement with the R&D hierarchy, following the needs and the development of Stilla.
- Promote results and new products by contributing to the writing of scientific peerreviewed articles, Application Notes and Technical Notes, proposing Gene Pi Learning Center content and interfacing with the Commercial Operations team to assure data presentation (webinars, posters, oral presentations, interviews).
- Interface with Quality and Regulatory Assurance team to ensure proper documentation and traceability of all performed experiments, new product verification and validation plans, and their results in accordance with IS13485 certification.
- Stay up to date on cutting edge digital PCR, diagnostic and nucleic-acid detection techniques and applications and transmit this information to the R&D team.
- Help supervise interns and train new team members.
- Report regularly to hierarchy and respect Stilla’s values.
Why join us?
- Make a significant contribution to the development of innovative and useful diagnostic products in a competitive landscape.
- Join a young and dynamic Life Science company growing at a 3-digit pace!
- Work within a team who shares a passion for building successful Life Science Products based on deep technological innovations.
Our ideal candidate :
- Has a PhD specializing in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or a related discipline
- Has at least 5 years of successful post-thesis experience in Molecular Biology, and extensive knowledge and experience in PCR, DNA and RNA manipulation.
- Experience in oncology, infectious disease and biochemistry applications is a strong plus.
- Has at least 3 years proven experience in project management, including international collaborations and multidisciplinary projects with a strong ability to manage transversally.
- Knowledge of quality & regulatory standards in the field a plus (ex ISO13485, IVDD)
- Feels responsible for the advancement of projects, data quality and attentive to respecting deadlines.
- Self-directed with strong initiative and an ability to work autonomously.
- Must be adaptable, organized and rigorous.
- Team spirited, proactive at sharing information and knowledge in a multidisciplinary environment. Likes to interface with multiple teams.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and working flexibly around schedules in a fast-pace environment.
- Must be fluent (oral and written) in French and English.
- Is motivated by ambitious objectives and willing to bring significant contributions to science and medicine!
Meet the Stilla Technologies team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn