- Permanent contract
- FinTech / InsurTech, SaaS / Cloud Services
- From 50 to 250 employees
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
We’re all owners
Go for it boldly and without fear of failure. Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
Proactively seek out ways to grow. Always run the extra mile
We’re looking for a rockstar communicator to help build Spendesk’s presence and awareness in our key markets. This role will be responsible for building media relationships (with a focus on France), crafting compelling PR stories and leveraging the existing network to seek placements in relevant media.
As part of the Communications team, you will work closely with the rest of the marketing team to ensure a consistent and concise messaging and brand image across different languages and markets.
The ideal candidate has outstanding written and oral communication skills, a natural sense for trends and topics, strong networking and storytelling skills and a clear understanding of the media business.
They will have experience in journalism and/or PR (in-house or agency) and be at ease with working in a challenging international environment. Previous experience in the startup and tech scene, particularly in finance or fintech companies is a plus, but not essential.
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
- Build strong relationships with key business, finance and tech journalists in France and other markets
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Monitor media and industry trends as well as the competitive environment to identify opportunities
- Create compelling stories to pitch to media, from relevant news to innovative data content
- Oversee, monitor, and report on all earned media coverage
- Pro-actively search new communication platforms and media outlets to reach audiences in creative and innovative ways
- Take ownership of our social media channels
- Secure keynote speaking positions at relevant conferences
- Create content to build our employer brand
Skills we’re looking for:
- PR experience, in-house or agency, and/or experience in journalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active user of social media with understanding of common platforms
- Full understanding of PR storytelling, media needs and media relationships
- Resourceful, proactive, and accurate with an attention to detail
- Bilingual French & English, both written and spoken
- Nice to have: Existing media contacts
Meet the Spendesk team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn