Smart & Connective
- Software, Connected Objects, SocialTech / GreenTech
- From 15 to 50 employees
Embedded SW Engineer
- Permanent contract
- Starting date:
- Partial remote authorized
- Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: > 4 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Smart & Connective est une start up française 🇫🇷 qui transforme les bâtiments en smart building, afin d’aider les professionnels à réaliser des économies d’énergie significatives et immédiates, tout en simplifiant les opérations.
Sa solution IoT globale permet de récolter les données de n’importe quel bâtiment, de les analyser et d’alerter ou de corriger les comportements pouvant être optimisés.
Sa mission est de permettre à toutes les entreprises, de réussir leur transition numérique et écologique, afin d’agir VRAIMENT pour l’environnement. 🌎
👉 4 millions EUROS levés
👉 4 ans de développement (hardware et software)
As one of the main S&C embedded software engineers, you will have the opportunity to:
• Partipate in the early development of a full Linux based gateway from core protocol functionalities to fleet management problematics.
• Design, develop and maintain IoT products over the whole product life cycle—from user requirements to production deployment.
• Enhance the common firmware stack based on nRF52 SoCs (ARM
Cortex-M4) for our IoT products line that work together, leveraging wireless technologies such as Zigbee and BLE.
• Continuously improve internal development processes with development of tools, unit tests and metrics monitoring.
• Flat hierarchy, start-up atmosphere, no bureaucracy, focus on R&D.
• Dynamic, international, highly motivated and curious team.
• Interesting tasks, new devices, many ideas with direct impact.
• Opportunity to drive development towards industry best practices.
• Opportunity to take ownership of software and firmware packages.
• Flexible hours and home office friendly.
• Offices in Sophia-Antipolis, south of France.
We’re looking for talents to join our team with:
• A university degree (e.g. Ms in Computer Sciences or Embedded
and 3-5+ years of experience with embedded systems or IoT industry.
• Experience on the not-so-low-level side—shipping C, C++ or Python code for single purpose software applications (e.g. bridges, gateways, GUIs, embedded micro-services, etc.)
• Experience on the low-level side—shipping C or C++ code targeting 32-bit microcontrollers and able to work with vendors’ SDKs (e.g.
Nordic nRF52, Silicons Labs EFR32, STMicroelectronics STM32).
• Understanding of IP application layers (HTTP, MQTT) and ideally some experience with radio protocols (e.g. BLE, Zigbee, Z-Wave).
• Experience and/or enthusiasm for Open-source software and Linux.
We’re aware it’s difficult to tick all the boxes. In the end, we’re looking for genuine people:
• Able to think on their own with a general understanding of where they go without having someone distributing all the tasks.
• Being autonomous enough to make progress on a various set of topics and raise hands when things are getting complicated.
• With the ability to grasp new concepts, languages and technologies quickly.
• Generally focused on delivering quality work and thinking longterm; but still knowing when and how to quickly iterate on prototypes in order to validate hypothesis before going further.
• Good English skills.
Experiences than can make a difference:
• Manufacturing process and testing
• Zigbee and/or Zwave radio protocols based IoTs • Buildroot distribution