Technical Product Owner, Machine Learning
- > 2 years
- Mobile Apps, Logistics, Shipping and Ground Transport
- From 50 to 250 employees
Technical Product Owner, Machine Learning
- > 2 years
Who are they?
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
Data and Machine Learning (ML) are revolutionizing the way of doing business at a global scale. sennder is a European digital freight forwarder with a data-centric problem-solving approach to build the next generation of supply chain and road logistics services. Do you want to help us to shape the future together?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
You will be joining our central Machine Learning Engineering team as part of sennder’s Data department. The department’s mission is to “Relentlessly build exceptional value-adding products that inspire data-centricity in everything sennder does”. All Data dept. teams are multidisciplinar (e.g.: data engineering, BI/analytics, MLOps, Data Science). The teams’ scope ranges from creating a unique technological backbone for our data platform to developing advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics services. Our proprietary data platform enables our operation teams to work in a distributed analytics-as-a-service ecosystem where everyone is empowered to be data driven in every decision they make. Our proprietary predictive and prescritive analytics services bring us an unprecedented competitive advantage in terms of business automation across the industry. The obtained insights are then translated in a better customer experience, enabling a scalability flywheel where customers and data grow exponentially with our revenue stream.
- Own product delivery with a top-notch highly specialized team to provide product functionality whilemeeting and/or exceeding our operational KPI targets;
- Drive the technical backlog of our automated ML-based shipper-to-carrier assignment experience and itsunderlying technology, including external data services, feature construction pipelines, embedded heuristics,machine learning services and proprietary technology;
- Champion data governance practices across the organization, contributing to pushing data quality to thenext level while aligning stakeholders to take business decisions in a data driven fashion;
- Promote teamwork and Agility as the easiest path for team success;
- Manage external data providers and define a roadmap for their testing/onboarding/offboarding and relatedimpact on the performance on our ML technology and consequent business impact;
- Be customer-centered by driving Product discovery on the ML System Design space to build the right stuff;
- Define success criteria, goals, and metrics for your initiatives together with the technical and operationsteams;
- Set up the right bridges and ways of working towards working truly cross-functionally with Operationsteams on designing ML products;
- Prioritize ruthlessly based in your teams’ focus metrics with top-notch communication from/to/withstakeholders, guaranteeing the team’s focus and scalable value delivery;
- Highly Technical Product Experience: 2+ years of experience leading highly technical product development(machine learning, computer vision or NLP);
- Experience having worked with end to end Machine Learning product delivery, lifecycle management andthe related product tradeoffs;
- Strong background on leading problem solving on cross-functional teams using Agile processes (e.g.: Scrum,Kanban, Scrumban, XP);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to inspire and influence team memberswith the vision;
- An empathetic person with a bridge-building mindset;
- Able to make informed decisions based on qualitative user insights and quantitative user data by conductingresearch, A/B tests, and analyzing operations data;
- Fluent in English;
- Background as individual contributor on Data Science and Machine Learning space;
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic, tech-first environment and drivinginnovation on behalf of internal/external stakeholders;
- Experience on driving data products within AWS cloud platform;
- In-depth knowledge of modern software development and machine learning engineering practices;
- Exposure to OKR-based strategy canvas;
- Ms.c. (or higher degree) on Computer Science;
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several careeropportunities;
- An international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 11 offices in 7 countries with English as our company language;
- Culture of trust, constructive feedback and self-organization with a forever-agile mindset;
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development;
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth;
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager;
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (whenallowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companiesand local organizers.;
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits;
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working;
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn