- Mobile Apps, Logistics, Shipping and Ground Transport
- From 50 to 250 employees
Senior Data Scientist
- Education: Not specified
- Experience: Not specified
This position was filled!
Who are they?
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
- Apply data science concepts to solve problems like pricing optimization, load-to-carrier recommendation, load search and logistics network optimization, among others;
- Define the new state-of-the-art for machine learning engineering in the road logistics services;
- Develop machine learning expertise beyond basic supervised and unsupervised learning, mentor and be mentored by other team members;
- Prototype and subsequently operationalize innovative, data-intensive, end-to-end machine-learning-based decision engines, following the latest best practices on MLOps;
- Enforce the best principles in ML System Design by balancing the feedback loop on data exploitation and data acquisition, follow the 80/20 ruling, focus on the right metric in every design decision and once a shippable amount of value is created, go live, evaluate, learn and iterate;
- Demonstrate your leadership skills and manage a Machine Learning based project or product, which you will define through frequent cross-functional interactions with your peers as well with experienced logistics professionals and Technical Product Owners, among other stakeholders;
- Highly motivated with excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills;
- M.Sc or PhD in a quantitative field and/or working experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer;
- T-shaped mindset: actual expertise on a single area but the ownership/willingness to contribute to the product end to end in order to ensure a healthy value creation chain;
- Teamaholic. We don’t believe in super-heroes but rather in super-teams: teams that own products and are the single unit of work :)
- Proficiency in Python with ability to translate ideas into prototypes and prototypes into production;
- Experience with working on Machine Learning projects to learn from structured data as well as deep knowledge on statistics;
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English;
- Deep knowledge of the theory and expertise on the application of Machine Learning;
- PhD in Machine Learning and/or data mining fundamental topics and/or non-trivial applications of ML/DM foundations;
- Top tier academic track on ML related conferences (e.g.: KDD, NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, ECML/PKDD);
- Solid Python and software engineering skills, including best practices like CI/CD and Git;
- Proven experience in contributing to machine learning engineering teams in industry (2+ yrs.);
- Experience on MLOps in modern cloud systems (preferrably, AWS);
- Experience with Agile philosophies (e.g.: Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, XP) and project management tools (e.g.: JIRA);
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.#LI-MS1
Interested in this offer?
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter