- Mobile Apps, Logistics, Shipping and Ground Transport
- From 50 to 250 employees
Senior Data Engineer
- Education: Not specified
- Experience: > 3 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
Data and Machine Learning (ML) are revolutionizing the way of doing business at a global scale. sennder is a European digital freight forwarder with a data-centric problem-solving approach to build the next generation of supply chain and road logistics services. Do you want to help us to shape the future?
You will be joining our central Data Platform team as part of sennder’s Data department. The department’s mission is to “Relentlessly build exceptional value-adding products that inspire data-centricity in everything sennder does”. All Data dept. teams are multidisciplinar (e.g.: data engineering, BI/analytics, MLOps, Data Science). The teams’ scope ranges from creating a unique technological backbone for our data platform to developing advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics services. Our proprietary data platform enables our operation teams to work in a distributed analytics-as-a-service ecosystem where everyone is empowered to be data driven in every decision they make. Our proprietary predictive and prescritive analytics services bring us an unprecedented competitive advantage in terms of business automation across the industry. The obtained insights are then translated in a better customer experience, enabling a scalability flywheel data and revenues grow exponentially with each other.
Every day, we acquire 3M+ new real-time data points (augmenting by the day!) about the cross-region road logistics industry in Europe. All these data points are used to build the future of logistics marketplaces where pricing optimization, load-to-carrier recommendation, load search and network optimization happen in an automated fashion.
Can you even imagine where we can go with your help? Let’s #keepOnTrucking... together!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Own of the data ingestion pipelines from our services and third-party systems towards our datalake / data warehouse together with your team
- Develop tools that enable our stakeholders to analyze data and generate actionable insights for decision making
- Champion data quality best practices and modern DataOps
- Collaborate with other Data department teams to create platforms that use data (e.g.: dual-database feature store for MLOps, A/B testing infrastructure at scale)
- Be a go-to-expert for software architecture, to enable data sharing and usage at scale
- Widen the usage of data throughout the organization by building products and providing services that enable self service data processing and access
- Drive the data platform technology roadmap with your Product Owner and your team members
- Contribute to a collaborative, agile work environment valuing transparency, commitment, team work, continuous communication, radical candor and iterative improvement
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- Highly motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid Python software engineering skills, including DevOps best practices like CI/CD and Git
- 3+ years of experience in maintaining/designing production data pipelines and orchestration
- Primary commitment to create business value through technology rather than trying out new technologies to add business value (aka. hype driven development)
- Experience with the Agile methodology (e.g.: Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, XP) and project management tools (e.g.: JIRA)
- Experience in designing data warehouse processes, ensuring data quality at scale (data models, data marts, catalogs, data quality and CI/CD practices for data pipelines, e.g.: DBT)
- Experience in deploying containerised services (e.g.:Kubernetes/Lambda Functions), service architectures with asynchronous message queues (e.g.: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis) and task orchestration (e.g.: Airflow)
- Exposure to technologies in our stack or similar technologies: fivetran, snowflake, dbt, looker, gitlab-CI, terraform, python, AWS, kafka, kubernetes (EKS), helm, datahub, airflow, opsgenie
- Experience using a high variety of data (different sources, formats) with diverse quality aspects (freshness, cleanliness, maturity, volume etc.)
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.
Interested in this offer?
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter