- Mobile Apps, Logistics, Shipping and Ground Transport
- From 50 to 250 employees
- Education: Not specified
- Experience: > 5 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Accountant to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Finance team in the Paris office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About the role:
As an Accountant you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like performing the daily and monthly accounting activities, supporting the new ERP implementation and preparing reports for the head office. You’ll be collaborating closely with central and local Finance team and contribute to the overall improvement of accounting processes.
In this role you will:
- You report to the senior accountant in France
- Perform the daily accounting activities : book-keeping, bank reconciliation, outgoing and incoming invoices, fixed assets
- Support month-end closing : revenue and cost accruals, payroll postings, reconciliation of accounts
- Prepare monthly VAT declaration for submission to the French authorities
- Preparation of income tax returns to submit to the French tax administration
- Support in the preparation of monthly reports for the head office
- Assist with requests from external auditors and head office
- Contribute to the improvement of accounting processes.
Preferably you have:
- 3-5 years experience and a first French work experience from an accounting firm or within the accounting department of a medium to large company
- A DCG or DSCG degree or equivalent is a plus
- Good accounting knowledge (French GAAP)
- Understanding of French social security and tax framework
- Good reconciliation skills using excel and accounting systems
- Your are comfortable working with large volumes of data
- Full professional capacity in French; English level equivalent to CEFR B1/B2
- Experience with ERP systems (Netsuite would be a plus)
- If you have IFRS knowledge, this would be a real asset
- Good understanding of internal accounting processes
- You are proactive and have self-responsible work style
- You're a great communicator.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.What you can expect:
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.#LI-CJ1
Interested in this offer?
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter