Blunomy (former page: Enea Consulting)
- Environment / Sustainable Development, Strategy, Energy
- From 50 to 250 employees
Principal and Manager roles in Energy Transition - Sydney/Melbourne
- Permanent contract
- Starting date:
- Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: > 5 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Enea is a boutique strategy consultancy dedicated to enabling an energy transition aligned with climate objectives. We are driven by strong values, team spirit and high standards of delivery.
We work with clients across the energy value chain, including government agencies, network businesses, tech start-ups, energy retailers, financial institutions, investors and large energy consumers. Our client engagements cover topics such as renewable distributed generation, energy storage, hydrogen, energy efficiency, green gas, waste management, energy transition financing and energy access. We help our clients seize opportunities and mitigate risks arising from the shift towards a decarbonised, decentralised, digitised and democratised energy sector.
The successful applicant will join a high performing, diverse and global team dedicated to the energy transition and climate change, across our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Paris, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Our people come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience, are open-minded and focussed on the future, united by shared values and passionate about sustainable development and energy access. Like us, you are driven to make a positive impact through your work.
We are looking for passionate, engaging and ambitious professionals to join our team in either Sydney or Melbourne as Principal or Manager.
The Principal role exists to improve the organisation’s market position and achieve growth by building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities and supervising projects.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Business development
• Oversee client relationship management, organise the sell-on related to their projects, and develop business for the company
• Manage, supervise, and propose methodologies as well as develop commercial proposals
• Oversee business development on specific areas
- Project delivery
• Supervise costs, quality and client satisfaction on projects driven by Managers and Senior Consultants and Managers, and report on project performance.
• Liaise with the client to keep them informed of the progress and to make relevant decisions.
• Act as a Project Manager on complex projects, when it relates to their specialties.
- Corporate / Team Management / Internal development
• Act as a Line Manager for Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants.
• Be responsible for supporting and up-skilling the Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants .
• Oversee the development of further knowledge/thought leadership and know-how, based on your areas of interest within Enea’s areas of specialisation
• Take on internal responsibilities such as recruitment, staffing management, etc.
• Participate to Enea’s strategic development
Your role as a Manager will see you supervise projects, take on business responsibilities and develop expertise across energy transition topics.
Typically, you will work on:
- Project management and delivery
• Leading projects with varying levels of complexity, depending on your level of seniority. You will provide or contribute to providing final recommendations, ensure quality project delivery and assist clients as needed
• Supervising project teams of Consultants and/or Analysts, ensuring their up-skilling, coaching and development.
- Business development (depending on experience and seniority)
• Managing client relationships to better understand their needs, identifying opportunities for value creation, and promoting Enea’s expertise and competencies
• Managing and supervising commercial proposals. This will include proposing and drafting relevant methodologies for project completion
• Proactively seeking and helping to secure new business through ongoing client relationships and by building and maintaining professional networks.
- Corporate / Team Management / Internal development (depending on experience and seniority)
• Developing further knowledge/thought leadership and know-how, based on your areas of interest within Enea’s areas of specialisation
• Collaborating with Enea’s team to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality work in alignment with Enea’s values
• Developing corporate strategy, plans, organisation and/or process design and ensuring effective implementation. This includes skills and development, knowledge sharing and training.
• You are passionate about the energy transition and climate change, with a strong interest for energy, environment and/or sustainable development
• Familiarity with Australian energy sector policy, regulation and the commercial landscape. Experience within the electricity sector, in particular for distribution networks will be highly regarded for at least one of the open positions.
• Experience within a strategy consulting role will be highly regarded.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, comparative analysis and synthesis capabilities, respect of time constraints, intellectual rigor, curiosity, open mindedness, empathy and team spirit
• Strong analytical skills and advanced competency in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Coding skills (Python) would be a plus, but are not required for any of the roles
• Bachelor or Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, science, commerce, finance, public policy).
• Minimum of 5 years’ (for Manager) and 8 years’ (for Principal) experience, in a relevant industry (energy and/or strategy consulting).
• To be eligible to apply for these positions, candidates must be either an Australian citizen or have ongoing working rights in Australia (mandatory)
• Fluency in English is mandatory.
Blunomy (former page: Enea Consulting)
Interested in this offer?
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter