- SaaS / Cloud Services, Finance
- From 15 to 50 employees
VC Startup Scout - Internship in open-innovation
- Internship (6 month(s))
- Starting date:
- Salary: €1.2K / month
- Occasional remote authorized
- Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: < 6 months
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Early Metrics produces ratings and research to empower a changing economy. As an independent rating agency, they have developed a scientific methodology to reliably evaluate both qualitative and quantitative metrics in startups and SMEs. Moreover, they identify emerging technology trends across multiple industries. They, therefore, provide the right tools for decision-makers from funds and corporates to discover, qualify and engage with the best innovative players.
Early Metrics has rated +3500 European and international startups for over 280 clients among which several CAC40 and FTSE100 companies.
What you will do
You will enter the venture ecosystem in an international company with a unique position in the startup world! You will be working closely with the Market Intelligence manager who coordinates the resources in charge of discovering exciting startups for our clients and capitalizing on the ones that are being rated. As a VC Startup Scout at Early Metrics, you will also be interacting with multiple internal stakeholders to support and optimise the way we engage with startups, initiate ratings, and deliver sourcing-based products to our clients.
- Screening the venture ecosystem in order to find the best startups to rate and get in touch with entrepreneurs to assess their projects,
- Developing and implementing new digital tools to accelerate startup sourcing,
- Contributing to the production and delivery of Early Metrics startup research products in direct contact with our clients,
- Identifying top tech trends to anticipate market evolutions and support the Ops department in their understanding of the innovation ecosystem.
Who you are
- Enrolled in a business or engineering school,
- Previous successful experience in innovation, strategy or operations (e.g. startup incubator/accelerator, strategy consultant, etc.), with proven people-facing experience and good analytical skills,
- Previous experience in the startup ecosystem is mandatory.
Also, people say that you have:
- Excellent communication skills - fluent in English and French,
- Great soft skills and that you are good with people,
- Digital and tech curiosity to navigate in our large database,
- Strong analytical mind, organizational skills and autonomy,
- Good knowledge of the Startup ecosystem and awareness of industry trends,
Why join us
- We have a young and diverse team,
- We have an international presence and global ambition,
- We encourage every employee to take an active part in the company’s development,
- We provide our employees with the resources and support to achieve their personal goals and improve their skills,
- We offer autonomy and flexibility thanks to our work-from-home policy,
- We are based in the heart of Paris,
- We value our team’s happiness and organise regular activities outside of work,
- You finally recognize yourself in our corporate values: collective ambition, empowerment and respect!
Early Metrics is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality, disability status, age, culture and all other socio-demographic factors. We encourage all those who feel qualified for a position to apply, including those with disabilities. We examine all applications following non-discrimination principles, with a focus on each applicant’s skills and experience. This policy applies to all procedures within Early Metrics, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, promotions, terminations and all terms of employment.
- HR interview to get to know each other
- Operational interview with the Manager around a business case
- Final interview with one of the Co-founder or Partner of EM