Senior 3D Artist
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
Senior 3D Artist
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Halo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
As a Darewise Senior 3D Artist, you will provide world-class 3D modeling and art to craft new worlds, assets, items and vehicles for our ambitious and ground-breaking new project, Life Beyond.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Creating (modeling, sculpting, and texturing) high-quality game-ready environment art and assets, as directed and within scope and schedule.
- Shape, develop and evolve Darewise’s art pipelines, including our tools, both outside and within the game engine.
- Work closely with Art Director and art team to carry out the aesthetic vision for the game.
- Participation in iterative development and critical feedback loop with entire game development team, including regular gameplay tests.
- Maintaining a high bar for excellence in processes, projects, deliverables, and communication.
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options*
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working scheme
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world or enjoy working from home anywhere in Europe!
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance*
- Profit share scheme
- 50% refund of your public transport card*
- Work within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Get the most comfortable and efficient work environment (Herman Miller chairs and standing desks)*
- Monthly team building events in Paris
- Quarterly offsite events with the whole Darewise team
- Visit your coworkers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Become part of an inclusive and experienced international team
*some benefits may vary based on your location
- 5+ years console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in a 3D art role.
- Amazing 3D sculptor/modeler/painter with a diverse portfolio.
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D environment art development tools including, but not limited to: 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, etc.
- Experience with open-ended/sandbox multiplayer games and modular systems.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with multi-disciplinary and/or remote teams.
- Based in or willing to relocate to Paris, France.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn