- Video Games
- From 15 to 50 employees
Head of Finance and Operations
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Halo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
As the Head of Finance and Operations of Darewise, you will manage the company’s finances and make decisions at a leadership level, with a range of interesting duties and responsibilities that form a role which will be integral to the success of the business.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Establish a best-in-class finance team
- Underpin the organisation with exceptional financial skills and knowledge
- Provide long term strategic and financial planning
- Deliver financial, operational and board reporting, on time, and to the highest standards
- Manage financial risks
- Manage company funds/cashflow and support with fundraising activities
- Be responsible for relevant tooling and administration matters
- Take charge of record keeping and relevant internal systems
- Manage legal and compliance elements of the business
- Take ownership of other operational and administration matters in general
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options*
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working scheme
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world or enjoy working from home anywhere in Europe!
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance*
- Profit share scheme
- 50% refund of your public transport card*
- Work within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Get the most comfortable and efficient work environment (Herman Miller chairs and standing desks)*
- Monthly team building events in Paris
- Quarterly offsite events with the whole Darewise team
- Visit your coworkers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Become part of an inclusive and experienced international team
*some benefits may vary based on your location
- Strong technical, financial background, having worked with a “Tier 1” financial organisation
- Experience managing international teams
- Excellent cash management and accounting skills
- Well versed in risk management along with legal and contractual matters
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, KPI driven environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to think and operate outside of “the box”
- Rigorous and analytical approach to organisation and planning
- A natural problem solver with excellent leadership capabilities
- Strong communicator, collaborator and team player
- An expert at automating processes and using tech and tools to improve internal systems
Also nice to have:
- Some additional experience launching/operating an early stage business
- An interest in video game development and the industry challenges/opportunities
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn