- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
- Video Games
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
We are looking for ambitious and talented Backend Programmers for our upcoming persistent world game Life Beyond! Online Services encompass a multitude of services used not only by the game itself but also by the many tools involved in operating the game. In this age of games-as-a-service, all of these are vital components of an online game’s architecture, which drives forward operations, customer service and new developments. As part of the Online Services team, you will support the design and implementation of those solutions.
Online Services may include:
- Primary game database
- Data collection and analytics
- Game API for third party tools
- User management and authentication
- Live operations and customer support tools
- Customer facing portal
- Deployment of servers and updates
- Operating at scale
- Security and privacy
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team, and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Support the existing backend services, working closely with the Senior Backend Programmer to design and implement the solutions going forward
- Work with a multitude of technologies, libraries and frameworks for the development of state of the art solutions for all the online services
- Integrate the various backend services with the main game codebase
- Support the performance, scalability and robustness of the backend services in the very unpredictable context of a large-scale, persistent world game
- Maintenance of test environments and ensurance of robust deployment processes
BENEFITS FOR EVERYONE
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working scheme
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Profit share scheme
- Work within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Attend events with the whole Darewise team multiple times a year
- Visit your coworkers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Become part of an inclusive and experienced international team
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS WHEN BASED IN FRANCE
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world
- Public + private health insurance
- 50% refund of your public transport card
- Get the most comfortable and efficient work environment (Herman Miller chairs and standing desks)
- 3+ years experience of backend development within the games industry
- Experience in running live services at a similar scale to an MMO or persistent world game
- Experience of database architecture and query optimization (SQL and NoSQL)
- Awareness of state of the art web-related technologies and architectural trends
- Experience working with cloud hosted services on Amazon and Google Cloud
- Knowledge of the latest security best practices
- Understanding of software architecture principles (UML, design patterns, web services architecture)
- Understanding of client/server architecture
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Passion for making games with an interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
- Self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, with a team interview as the final step in the process, and may include a technical assessment. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.
Meet the Darewise Entertainment team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn