Senior Legal Counsel
- Permanent contract
Senior Legal Counsel
- Permanent contract
Founded in 2012, Botify is an enterprise software company that helps brands turn organic search into an efficient, measurable, and sustainable channel for both traffic and revenue growth. Powered by a unique unified data model, prescriptive insights, and automated processes, Botify delivers an end-to-end SEO management solution that enables customers to unlock the true growth potential of their website.
Botify is used by 500+ leading global companies across industries including e-commerce, travel, media & publishing, classifieds, and more, including Expedia, Macy’s Farfetch, Marriott, L’Oréal, Crate & Barrel, Conde Nast, Groupon, Github, Carvana, FNAC Darty, and The New York Times. Botify also partners with leading technology and services companies such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, WordPress VIP, Google Cloud, Microsoft Bing, Jellyfish, Chameleon Collective, Foresight Digital, Contentsquare, and iPullRank.
Botify is a fast-growing, VC-backed, SaaS company with $82M in funding and offices in New York, Seattle, Paris, London, and Singapore.
As Botify continues to help customers around the world navigate the fast-moving world of organic search, every person that joins Botify is key to our long-term growth and sustainability.
As part of the Finance team, you will be working on a daily basis with the Growth and Partnership teams based in Paris, London and NYC. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, draft and negotiate all forms of company contracts, including but not limited to NDA’s, SaaS Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Partner Agreements and Vendor Agreements.
- Develop, maintain, revise and implement standard templates, forms, and processes for improvement and scalability purposes.
- Provide training to the sales and to the operational teams from the different departments on processes, compliance, and how to handle customer objections.
- Act as the legal resource and trusted legal advisor, getting to balancing risks and providing sound advice to the management and support business functions.
- Advise business teams on applicable laws and regulations, including GDPR, CCPA and data privacy regulations.
- Work with outside counsel in dispute resolution initiatives and assist with litigation management.
- Assist with M&A and other special projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic contributor eager to learn and grow with Botify as we scale:
- Minimum 5 years commercial agreement / licensing drafting, review, negotiation and analysis experience in support of European markets and or US markets. In-house experience supporting quota-carrying, enterprise-level sales teams is required. A combination of law firm and in-house technology company experience preferred.
- French qualified lawyer with 5 years PQE preferred but will also consider lawyers qualified in the US or UK.
- In-depth understanding of French contract law and software contract requirements and strong skills in negotiating SaaS agreements. Knowledge on US and UK contract law is a plus.
- Experience regarding agencies and systems integrator agreements is a plus.
- Experience contracting with large corporations and/or the public sector is a plus.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and adept in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work at incredible speed and with focus is a must for this role, candidates must be able to prioritize responsibilities to manage a large workload with very tight timelines.
- Demonstrated fluency in spoken and written English and French. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of personal integrity and ability to communicate compliance issues effectively.
- Proven ability to manage communications in various time-zones and confidence in making independent decisions.
- Developed business acumen, with the ability to understand the company’s business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- Strong skillset working with Microsoft Office Suite.
Meet the team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn