Demand Planning Manager CE
- Permanent contract
- Consumer Goods
- From 250 to 2000 employees
Demand Planning Manager CE
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
When you say Mars, most people will recall the delicious chocolate bar filled with caramel. However, only a few are aware that Mars portfolio includes, for instance, the Orbit gum, Uncle Ben’s rice and sauces, or Whiskas and Pedigree pet food. Ever since 1911, when Frank C. Mars first created candy in his kitchen, quality has been a top priority for Mars. The company does everything to be proud of the mark it leaves in the world. And that’s one of the reasons why Mars sometimes prioritizes other than strictly business decisions.
Deliver an accurate demand forecast for the Central Europe (CE) markets (CZ&SK&HU&RO) for all segments Petcare & Food & Chocolate & Confections, in collaboration with sales, marketing and finance, that supports excellent customer service and optimised inventory levels in all markets, whilst leading a highly engaged and talented team.
- Own the cross functional demand planning process for CE across all segments, delivering accuracy, efficiency, continuous improvement and one set of numbers for the CE Cluster ( aprox. 1700 SKU, 280 customers).
- Responsible for harmonization and one ways of working process implementation for demand planning process.
- Supervise facilitation of all demand management reviews in markets (CZ/SK/HU/RO), lead by Senior Demand Planners as part of the S&OP+ process.
- Ensure appropriate stock levels in all 4 warehouses in CZ/SK/HU/RO to meet agreed business objectives and support excellent Customer Service Levels.
- Lead and motivate a team of 12 associates to deliver supply chain Key Performance Indicators
- Accountable for the development, progression and engagement of the team, including talent management and development of successors for key roles
- Own the product supply and material master data processes for the business unit. Ensuring best practice, continuous improvement and data accuracy.
Context and Scope
The effective deployment of the business strategy is crucial to ensuring business performance meets expectations. The deployment of our internal process, S&OP+, as an efficient and effective demand planning process for CE across all segments. This process is led and owned by the Demand Planning Manager. The demand planning process in Mars operates in two interlinked cycles; a short term planning cycle operating weekly covering 0 to 12 week time horizon, and a periodic cycle looking over the 3 to 24 month time horizon. Critical elements across all time horizons are accuracy, efficiency, alignment on one set of numbers, visible risks and opportunities and this starts with assumption based volumes that are converted to value.
The jobholder supervises facilitation of business Demand Management Reviews (DMR) process and meetings in all markets (CZ/SK/HU/RO) which is step 2 of the S&OP+ process. CE Cluster is a multi-geography cluster where DMRs are delegated to a senior demand planner in the team. The Demand Planning Manager leads a cross functional process that ensures effective collaboration between colleagues in sales (remotely for SK/HU/RO), marketing, finance and supply chain. This starts with the demand planners working with sales and marketing to identify planned activities, quantify their effect, and build the medium / long term volume forecast. This volume forecast should then converted from volume to value by finance.
Although the jobholder is accountable for the short term demand planning process and the associated product supply process in the CE Cluster , the key to success is empowering the demand planners and product supply coordinators in the team to run this process on a day to day basis. They will need to ensure product availability every day at the market warehouses in CZ/SK/HU/RO with an agreed inventory targets, managing expectations in the business through clear and timely communication, and escalating to the jobholder any significant mismatches between supply and demand. These escalations may require the jobholder to liaise directly with segment supply logistics teams across Europe to propose and implement solutions.
The Demand Planning Manager has line management responsibilities for the demand planning (senior positions & standard positions), product supply and material master data team. Strong leadership, communication and motivational skills are required, as well as a genuine interest in developing and engaging people.This is a critical operational and strategic role within the business. Consequently, the jobholder is required to have a broad understanding of demand planning and supply areas.
Key Performance Indicators for the role:
- Associate engagement
- Forecast accuracy
- Stock cover and value
- Material master data accuracy
- Customer service levels
What you can gain
- Company car
- Company mobile and laptop
- Flexible working hours
- 1 day of home office per week, after trial period
- Meal vouchers
- 5 sick days
- 25 days of vacation
- Life and disability insurance
- Pension plan
- Multisport card or sport vouchers
- Annual variable bonus
- Pet friendly office
- Educated to a minimum of degree level.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (written and oral) plus preferable fluency in relevant local language(s)
- Be able to build productive relationships and communicate effectively at a variety of levels within the organisation with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of the trade environment ( customer base ) and supply chain operations, processes and ways of working
- Preferable that the jobholder has previous experience of managing supply chain, financial or business planning processes
- Preferable that the jobholder is a proven line manager
- Systems knowledge: experience using SAP or other supply chain planning tools is preferable, as well as experience of using office productivity software (such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Přidat k oblíbeným
- Sdílet na Twitteru
- Sdílet na Facebooku
- Sdílet na LinkedInu