- Od 50 do 250 zaměstnanců
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Plný úvazek
- Vzdělání: Neuvedeno
- zkušenosti: Neuvedeno
Who are they?
AppTweak is the leading App Store Optimization (ASO) tool - think SEO but then for the app stores. AppTweak empowers 1,600+ mobile leaders - such as Amazon, Jam City, Yelp, and Adobe - to grow their apps and games with actionable insights in a simple interface.
Launched in 2014, AppTweak has grown to a team of more than 75 people with offices in Brussels, San Francisco, Tokyo and Bengaluru. In April 2021, AppTweak raised a $22 million investment in series B funding. We’re gearing up for fast growth and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team.
We are looking for an amazing Quality Assurance Engineer to join our joyful team to skyrocket our projects in 2023 and beyond!
About the Role
To help us bring AppTweak to the next level, you will work closely with the product squads responsible for the different parts of the tool and infrastructure.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, we expect you to be well organized and have good knowledge of our business requirements, tech environment and tools to help us guarantee the quality of our products and assist our developers in current and new developments.
We expect you to take part in the various stages of the development cycle suggesting and implementing improvements in our processes when necessary.
Among other things, you will be responsible for:
What we expect from you:
- You are fluent in English;
- Previous experience as a QA or equivalent situation where you had to write, maintain and perform test cases;
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset; you're hands-on and autonomous. You find creative solutions to problems in a fast-moving environment;
- Rigorous and methodical: you know how to take steps to solve problems when dealing with new situations and adapt to challenges to overcome them;
- Excellent communication skills: you are able to build trustworthy relationships with colleagues;
- Ability to connect to databases and make simple queries with SQL;
- Basic knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge in development (Ruby, JS/React) coming either from a boot camp or a university;
- Experience using Jira for issue tracking;
- Proficiency in Gherkin language;
- Track record of using CI/CD tools such as Concourse or Jenkins;
- Experience automating tests mixing Gherkin-described test cases and tools like Selenium, Cypress, or others;
- Experience using tools like Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring;
- You love food!
What’s in it for you:
1. We care about you
- An exciting and fast-growing company with a people-first culture. “Diversity” and “work-life balance” are not just buzzwords at AppTweak.
- Flexibility in your work and opportunities for continuous learning and creative thinking.
- Supportive and collaborative environment focused on personal growth.
- Hybrid remote/work policy: 3 days at the Office (Tuesday/Thursday being mandatory days), 2 days of remote work. Possibility to take 2 weeks of remote work abroad when you first join AppTweak.
- 20 paid holidays per year + 12 days RTT on top of the fundamentals (meal vouchers, annual “éco-chèques”, hospitalization & group insurance, end-of-the-year bonus, etc.). Attractive salary package with a lot of extra-legal benefits.
- Fresh fruits, nuts, and snacks self-serve in the office.
- 1 volunteering day every quarter dedicated to helping a Brussels-based organization.
- Chance to discover new food recipes, because yes, we love food!
2. An inspiring environment
- A unique company culture based on 4 values: Learn, Play, Perform, Friendly.
- A diverse team within a flat hierarchy. Altogether we speak more than 15 languages.
- Bi-yearly company-wide team building in Europe to meet your colleagues from all over the world.
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- Regular general team meetings and demo days to make sure everyone is aligned with AppTweak's growth path, mission and vision. Don't forget to check our ✨Tech Stack page✨.
Technologies we use
- Our SAAS product is a Ruby on Rails application serving a React Single Page Application.
- Our scrapers and crawlers get their tasks from SQS queues and store data in a mix of MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB, PgSQL and Elasticsearch databases. They are built using the Ruby programming language (without Rails).
- Our JSON REST API's are built in Ruby as well using the Sinatra and Grape frameworks.
- We deploy code using Concourse as a CI/CD pipeline to build Docker images deployed on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS.
- We also have several Python services, mainly to run Machine Learning models developed by our data scientists.
- We monitor everything using Prometheus and Grafana to visualize time series and metrics in an efficient manner.
- We use AirBrake to unify all our error monitoring.
- We follow an agile development process inspired by SCRUM, but adapted to our needs.
✨ Our recruitment process ✨
- A video interview with Thyago (Head of Backend) and David (QA) to deep dive into your past experience and learn more about your aspirations (1 hour)
- A take-home test to evaluate your skills related to the position.
- Case debrief with Thyago and another Tech team member (1 hour) to share the feedback and answer the remaining questions you might have.